In our efforts to make a more accessible conference and broaden our audience we would like to outline some details of the events:
- The events will be conducted in English.
- Participation is free, but requires registration via Zoom links on the registration pages.
- We will be utilizing Zoom’s ‘webinar’ feature for the January, March and April events, meaning that only the camera of panelists and presenters will be on display. Viewers are thus strongly encouraged to join and engage with the program in comfort and relaxation.
- For the February event we will be using a regular Zoom meeting. Attendees are invited to participate in Jad Chami’s presentation by (1) turning their cameras on, and (2) bringing an instrument. These are not necessary, but encouraged for those who are able and willing. More information on this component will be distributed closer to date.
- The presentations will consist of lecture, powerpoint and audio-video components. ASL interpretation and closed caption will be available for all users, and powerpoint texts will be manually copy-pasted into the chatbox.
- We are committed to ensuring that this event is as accessible as possible. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests, please contact us or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.